2017 Class List
The Kinross Show Flower Show is always something of a spectacle full of colour, imagination and quality produce. There are a range of classes open to anyone who would like to take part welcoming both children and adults.
Convenor: Mrs Claire Paton, Lethangie, Kinross
Committee: Margaret Kilpatrick, Alice Getley, Dr. Julie Savin & Kirsty Gray.
ENTRIES: £1 per Adult Exhibit and 50p per Child Exhibit
Entries accepted on Show Field until 9.00pm on Friday 11th August and from 7.30am until 9.30am on Sat. 12th August.
Boards available on request.
Flower Marquee Open to the Public from 11.30am.
Trophy/s will be presented at 3.30pm
Entries can be uplifted at 4.00 p.m.
Prize Money: In all Classes 1st – £3, 2nd – £2, 3rd – £1
Collected at the Secretary’s Tent by 4.30pm.
Judges – Mary Law, Cuparmuir, Cupar and Andrew Brown, Station Court, Leven.
Judging commences 10.00am prompt
- Pot Plant – Flowering any type
- Pot Plant – Begonia
- Pot Plant – Fuchsia
- One Vase mixed Herbaceous
- Vase displaying 3 stems of annuals (same variety)
- Vase of 3 stems perennials (same variety)
- Vase of Three Dahlias – Decorative
- Vase of Three Dahlias – Cacti
- Vase of Three Dahlias –Ball/Pompom
- Four Marigolds (any variety) to be shown on a board
- Four Pansies (any variety) to be shown on a board
- Vase of Three Roses Same Variety
- Best Single Rose
- Vase of Five Sweet Peas One Colour Only
- One Gladioli any variety
FLORAL ART SECTION – This Year’s Theme is ‘FLOWERS APLENTY’
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SPACE ALLOWED IS THE SPACE WHICH WILL BE MARKED OUT. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO FILL THE ENTIRE SPACE.
NAFAS Rules need not be adhered to simply read the schedule carefully and pay attention to size and materials. Space allowed width 76cms by 60 cms depth.
All exhibits to be composed of natural plant material – i.e. Fresh, Silk Flowers, Dried or preserved unless otherwise stated. All Fresh plant material to be in water or water retaining substances. All Flowers and Foliage to be in good condition.
- ‘Eastern Promise’ – An Exhibit featuring Chrysanthemums and foliage. Space allowed 92 cms width by 69 cms depth. Accessories allowed.
- ‘Twist & Turn’ An Exhibit featuring Flowers.and foliage. Space allowed 92 cms width by 69 cms depth. No Accessories. (Suggest using twisted cane, twisted willow/hazel or any other twisted variety.
- ‘Secret Love’ – An Exhibit featuring roses and foliage. Space allowed 92cms.width by 69 cms depth. Accessories allowed.
- ‘Jack Frost’ – An Exhibit using Artificial Flowers and Foliage. Space allowed 92 cms width by 69 cms depth. Accessories allowed.
- ‘Summer Bounty’ – An arrangement in a Bowl using Flowers and foliage from your own garden. No accessories.
- 21. ‘Tiny Treasure’ – A Petite Exhibit not exceeding 25 cms by wide 25 cms depth and 37 cms height. No accessories